Hi, my name isPeter Bartha
I'm a software engineer specializing in building and architecting great digital experiences.Read my blog
I'm a full-stack developer based in Budapest, Hungary, and I'm passionate about building digital services and creating innovative solutions.
Frontend development holds a special place in my heart, and I'm constantly motivated to expand my knowledge in this exciting field. I enjoy learning something new and getting feedback to make myself better and grow.
When I'm not online, I enjoy spending quality time with my family and friends, engaging in various board games that challenge my strategic thinking.
With over a decade of experience in product engineering and developing web applications and tools, I have the expertise to deliver fast, flexible, and reliable solutions that boast satisfactory performance and are well-optimized for scalability. Due to my interest in applied cryptography, ensuring the protection of sensitive data (e.g. PII) holds an essential role for me.
While I have an eye for design and occasionally design, my main focus is bringing those designs to life. This involves working with stylesheets, adjusting content, negative spaces and typography, and considering layout options. My top priority is creating a seamless user experience while solving real-world usability issues.
Lead Engineer @ Tresorit
May 2013 - Present
Over the past decade, I have had the opportunity to develop Tresorit's end-to-end encrypted cloud storage service. During this time, I have learned a lot about web technologies — especially in the field of cryptography — and have had the privilege of working alongside many talented engineers and creative people. My main responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Deliver high-quality, cryptographically secure and robust production code, while working with a broad array of innovation challenges, across various industries, typically in the Business-to-Business space,
- Work alongside creative directors to lead the research, development, and architecture of technical solutions to fulfill business requirements,
- Assess user needs by contacting them to gain a comprehensive understanding of their needs,
- Collaborate with researchers, designers, project managers, and other engineers to transform creative concepts into production realities for clients and stakeholders,
- Provide leadership within engineering department through close collaboration, knowledge shares, and mentorship.
I enjoy discovering new libraries, programming languages, and frameworks. See the palette of technologies I have worked with throughout my professional career, side projects, and open source contributions.
I craft and design stuff
Open source projects, web apps and experiments.See my projects
I write, sometimes
About software engineering, frontend dev and learning.Read my blog
Get in touch
Although I'm not actively seeking new opportunities at the moment, I’m always up for a chat. Pop me an email, give me a shout on social media or just 👋 and write me a few friendly lines in the guestbook.